Welcome to the Dehcho Divisional Education Council Website!
The Council is excited to finally have its website up and running. It is by no means complete, but we hope that by June the regional information will be up to date and that each school will have a page. We anticipate that this will be the go to site for information and links for educations staff, students parents, other partners and visitors who want to learn about education in the Dehcho.
Dehcho schools are wrapping up their spring breaks and professional development activities. Heading into the last term of school, there is the usual assessment, reflection and celebration of learning. This year the Education Renewal enabled many of our schools to participate in projects and pilots designed to improve learning situations and outcomes for staff and students, such as the Aboriginal Teacher Training Pilot, Distance Learning, Self Regulation, Mental Health, and Student Resiliency. Council members appreciated the support fro m Education Culture and Employment in providing a comprehensive DEA/DEC Manual and training.
We have just about two thirds of the school year finished. As we enter the season of renewal it’s a good time to prepare ourselves mentally for a strong finish to the end of the school year. I’d like to again, share this “Advice from Noah’s Adventure”, which combines the biblical story of Noah’s Ark (Genesis 6 – 8) and the book by Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten.
- Don’t miss the boat.
- Remember that we are all in this together.
- Plan ahead. It was not raining when Noah started construction.
- Stay fit. (Noah was quite elderly when he built the Ark.)
- Don’t let the critics deter you from the job that needs to be done.
- Build your future on higher ground.
- For safety’s sake travel in pairs or groups. (Noah took animals in pairs.)
- When you are stressed – float awhile.
- Remember the Ark was built by amateurs and the Titanic by professionals.
- No matter the storm, there’s always a rainbow waiting.
Please check this website regularly for announcements and information. We value your interest and support.